I recently walked the floor of the Fall Home Show at the Better Living Centre, Exhibition Place, looking for some home inspiration, but what I found was much more.
After speaking with a designer about trends, statement accessories, function versus form and everything in between, it was clear how important a role accessories play when creating a space with personality. But, what was even more exciting was that my passion for pumpkin (the shade, not the vegetable) is considered by some as a colour that stands the test of time design wise. This piece of news in particular made me happy, as it was almost immediately after I heard this that I called my husband feeling vindicated saying, “see, I told you so.”
I’ve always loved statement orange, as it manages to make such an impact in a room without being obtrusive; often blending seamlessly into its surroundings yet still managing to spark conversation and evoke warmth in a space.
So, officially fall now I thought what better time to pay homage to the shade I adore. I love it on its own as a statement wall, blended into a bold wallpaper or rug, in the form of accessories and small appliances, and always when intermixed with blue green. I love orange, there I said it!
Here are a few ways to incorporate the colour into your space this fall:
1. Kosta Boda Contrast Large Orange Bowl, Wayfair $150.99
2. Silicone Neon Orange Espresso Cup, CB2 $1.49
3. Swan Chair in Tangerine, Ma-Zone $1,100
4. Solid Square Tuck Pillow – Mandarin, West Elm $24
5. Dwell Studio Foxes Orange Graphic Knit Blanket, Wayfair $58
6. Brady Sofa by Bobby Berk Living, Urban Mode $2,565
7. Elephant Print Orange Elephant with Ball on Vintage Sheet Music, Etsy $9.10
* Top photo courtesy of Bobby Berk Living