Join me as I get into the Halloween spirit (my favourite holiday by the way), but not in the traditional sense.
Decorating for the holidays doesn’t have to mean pumpkins, cobwebs and soon tiny elves and glitter. There is a way to decorate for the holidays and get some longevity out of your purchases.
- Theme: Don’t think Halloween, but more so the underlying things associated with it such as orange, candy or haunting and superstition (black cats, owls, rabbits feet, horseshoes, broken glass…)
- Passion: Find a piece you love and that you’ll want on your shelf well beyond October 31st.
- Creativity: Don’t be afraid to have a little fun. It’s like I always say – décor should be fun, strike up a conversation and reflect you.
Unless you’re an uber-stoic and serious individual who never cracks a smile, there is no need for all grey décor.
Here are some of my Halloween-esque finds – think superstitions and hauntings:
1. The Rise and Fall Cat Pillow, Urban Outfitters $34
2. Three-Arm Branches Candlestick, ZARA Home $39.40
3. Owls Of The British Isles Wallpaper by Abigail Edwards, Anthropologie $24.95
4. Resin Horns Mirror, ZARA Home $99.90
5. Owl Wine Rack, Pier 1 Imports $49.95
6. Horseshoe-Shaped Knob (Set of 2), ZARA Home $15.90
7. Luxe Faux Fur Throw by Indigo (my idea of faux rabbit’s foot) $99.50